Are you and the kids getting cabin fever from being cooped up indoors this June hols? Pack your swimwear and take the whole troop out for a cooling dip. Singapore has numerous beautiful and well-maintained public pools, with sparkling clean water, beautiful landscaping and equipped with fun facilities for the whole family. Get some Vitamin D and exercise while you’re there too!
Here are some of the more family-friendly pools in Singapore, with fun options for kids big and small:
Splash @ Kids Amaze – SAFRA Punggol
Whether you’re an adult or kid, one look at the amazing 23,000 sq ft water playground at Kidz Amaze will get you excited for a go at the fun features! The towering multi-level structure is equipped with slides, inter-connected tunnels, giant buckets of splashing water and platforms, as well as jet sprays, sprinklers and climbing structures. There’s also a wading pool for younger kids who will enjoy the gentle ‘fountains’ from surrounding water jets.
– Singapore’s first and largest indoor water playground
– Visually stunning interactive play elements to engage your child’s sense of direction, motion and coordination
– Friendly on-site facilitators ensure play is both fun and safe
– Designated toddler zone
9 Sentul Crescent
Fees vary whether you are a Kids Amaze or SAFRA member, or a non-member. Book your slots in advance via email at splash@ or call 6585 8710.For opening hours and more details, check out safra.sg/our-facilities/kidz-amaze/splash-@-kidz-amaze
Jurong West Swimming Complex
Probably the dream water park for kids, this pool has a blue water slide tube snaking above the pools that’s quite a sight to behold. The ride starts several stories high and slides down to the kids’ water playground. Adults will also enjoy the other features like the Olympic sized pools for lap swimming and a lazy river to chill out with your kids.
– 1 indoor Olympic sized swimming pool and another outdoors to get a good workout
– Kids will love the water feature play area with 3 water slides
– Lazy River to drift along in colourful floats
– The giant blue slide that winds around the complex for a splashing good time
20 Jurong West Street 93
For opening hours and entry fees, go to myactivesg.com/facilities/jurong-west-swimming-complex
Jurong East Swimming Complex
Here’s another swimming complex with an awesome kids’ water playground featuring a multi-level winding water tube slide! Kids will have an amazing time surrounded by bursting water sprays, colourful floats and even a mini-waterfall to soak under. Parents should join in the fun!
– Multi-level circular water slides that range from fast to gentle – take your pick
– A fun wave pool for those who miss the sea!
– Get drenched at the mini waterfall wall
– A chill-out Lazy River
– The family get to join in the fun at the kids water play area
21 Jurong East Street 31
For opening hours and entry fees, go to myactivesg.com/facilities/jurong-east-swimming-complex
Sengkang Swimming Complex
The main feature here would have to be the colourful 8-lane slide that both adults and kids will love. It’s the main focus of the kids’ play area which also includes a splash and slide section, with multi-features for climbing, sliding (again) and getting splashed by ‘buckets’ of water. Adults will appreciate the outdoor and indoor sheltered Olympic sized pools – great for rainy days! There’s also a small jacuzzi pool for you to chill out while kids have their fun in the sun.
– 2 Olympic sized pools – outdoor and indoor
– Large 8-lane rainbow water slide – open top and tube slides
– Splash & Slide area for kids
– Relaxing jacuzzi pool
57 Anchorvale Road
For opening hours and entry fees, go to myactivesg.com/facilities/sengkang-swimming-complex
Where is your favourite swimming pool to bring the family in Singapore? Share with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Photos: Singapore Press Holdings