Good news for SAFRA members who yearn to do more than just a weight and cardio regime at the gym – you can join in some of the classes at Amore Living Studio at SAFRA Toa Payoh. If you’re looking to build and tone muscles overall, you might want to consider their popular Power Pump class conducted by their certified instructor Shirley.
The video above gives you a preview of what to expect from the class, and we also share pointers on how to execute the exercises properly along with some safety cues.
Exercises To Tone The Lower Body (Legs, Thighs, Butt)
– Place feet shoulder-width apart.
– Keep your body weight balanced mid-foot.
– Knees should be in line with the toes as you squat.
– Drive knees outwards as you come up from the squat.
– Maintain a neutral spine throughout the squat.
– Practise abdominal bracing as you perform the squat.
– Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
– Take a large step back with one leg.
– Keep your body weight on the front foot as you lower your hips. Keep your front foot flat on the ground, and your back heel lifted.
– Descend till rear knee almost touches floor. Keep your front knee stacked directly above the ankle, creating a 90° bend in both knees.
– Drive through the heel of your front foot and push yourself back up to your starting position.
– Brace your core and keep your back straight for stability during entire movement.
– Keep neck neutral by focusing on a point at eye level.
Exercise To Work Your Posterior Muscles
– Stand with your mid-foot under the bar (medium stance).
– Bend over and grab the bar (palms down, medium grip).
– Unlock your knees while keeping your hips high.
– Lift your chest and straighten your back.
– Pull the bar against your lower chest.
Exercises To Work Your Upper Body (Chest, Shoulders, Arms)
– Lie flat on the board and position yourself under the bar.
– Maintain a neutral spine on the bench.
– Set your grip – it should be wider than your shoulder width.
– Breathe in and lower the bar to your chest.
– Push the bar away from the chest with leg drive and breathe out.
Chest Push Up
– Get down on all fours, hands placed slightly wider than shoulders.
– Straighten your arms and legs.
– Lower body till chest nearly touches the floor (Keep elbows under armpits on every downward movement).
– Pause, then push yourself back up.
Tricep Plate Overhead Extension
– Place feet shoulder-width apart and keep your core tight. Hold weighted plate with both hands.
– Lift plate until arms are fully extended with palms facing upwards and elbows pointing forward.
– Bend at elbows and squeeze triceps, then slowly lower plate behind your head.
– Slowly return to start position and repeat.
Note: Do not attempt any of the suggested actions or instructions in this article without first consulting with a medical professional.
Amore Living Studio at SAFRA Toa Payoh will cease operations on 31 August 2021. Visit www.facebook.com/amorefitness for more info, or email email@example.com. Meanwhile do check out other fitness offerings at our SAFRA outlets; EnergyOne Gym, UMove, Yoga Inc and Onyx.
Share your favourite exercise tips with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!